Senioritis has been kicking my butt recently. If you’re like me, the motivation for doing pretty much everything unrelated to college, looking forward to the weekend, and/or making it to summer break, is running low. Setting an alarm and waking up for school every day gets harder and harder, and learning anything else in high school seems pointless. It’s normal to feel this way, but you have to stay motivated! Here are 10 ways to get your energy up, keep grinding, and live with a healthy mind, body, and spirit.
- Exercise: Trust me- I know how cliché this sounds. Waking up to go on a run or do a cardio workout can be really difficult. When your alarm goes off and all you want to do is roll over and fall back asleep, start your day by waking up earlier than normal to exercise and it will put you in a better mood. On the weekends, I like to wake up around 9 a.m. and go for a long run/walk in my neighborhood, then I will come back and do a 15 to 25 minute “HIT” workout (core, legs, butt). It’s best to get all of your energy out first thing in the morning while you still have a lot of it! Also, having an Apple Watch has motivated me to work out and get exercise all the more. I like to set daily goals so that I can try to get 10,000 steps in one day, and my mom and dad and I even like to compete for steps!
Make your move. A new fitness experience powered by Apple Watch. Try world-class workouts on your iPhone, iPad, and…
Swiftly Tech Short Sleeve 2.0 *City | Women's T-Shirts | lululemon
Shop the Swiftly Tech Short Sleeve 2.0 *City | Women's T-Shirts. Rep your city. The Swiftly Tech collection, powered by…
Hotty Hot Short II *2.5" | Women's Shorts | lululemon
Shop the Hotty Hot Short II *2.5" | Women's Shorts. Max out your stride in these shorts designed with extra room to let…
Nike React Infinity Run Flyknit Premium Women's Running Shoe. Nike.com
The Nike React Infinity Run Flyknit is designed to help reduce injury and keep you on the run. More foam and improved…
Start by getting motivated to exercise with a cute new workout outfit!
2. Make your bed: As weird as this sounds, making my bed makes me feel like my life is more put together. I like to clean my room first thing in the morning (after a big bowl of cereal, of course) because there are usually clothes covering the floor from the night and day before. I like to open my door to a clean room every time I come upstairs.
Funny "Chill Pill" Throw Pillow - Soft Hooked Wool - 9" x 16" - Walmart.com
TAKE A CHILL PILL - Funny throw pillow looks just like the famed "Chill Pill" people have been ordered to take for…
Weybossett Big Deal Lumbar Pillow
When you buy a undefined online from Wayfair, we make it as easy as possible for you to find out when your product will…
Cozy Up Buttercup Pillow
Shop the Cozy Up Buttercup Pillow at Anthropologie today. Read customer reviews, discover product details and more.
Faux Fur Ruched Throws
Our best-selling cozy throw is created with incredibly silky fibers and ruched for a cascading ripple effect. A longer…
Get some new throw pillows and a throw blanket to motivate yourself to make your bed every day to make it look cute and comfortable.
3. Hydrate: Drink lots of water! I try to motivate myself drink at least 2-3 full water-bottles before 1 p.m. When I am bored or sitting down, I am always sipping on water- especially at school. My favorite water bottle is the “Simple Modern 32 oz Water Bottle”. Drinking water is good for your body and your brain.
Simple Modern 32oz Stainless Steel Summit Water Bottle with Straw Lid Pink
The Simple Modern Summit water bottle is double wall, vacuum insulated, and made with premium gauge 18/8 stainless…
4. Reward yourself: After you finish a hard task (for me it is homework and studying) reward yourself. I try to do my homework in 15 to 30 minute intervals, because after that I tend to lose focus. Take a break by watching a show, getting a snack, checking your phone, or going for a walk.
5. Moderation: Trust me- if I could eat something sweet like cake and ice cream for every meal without consequences, you can bet that I would. Everything is good in moderation! Don’t feel like you can never eat ice cream again just because you have started exercising more. Just obviously don’t eat a whole pint. Treat yourself to a couple scoops of ice cream, especially if you are working out. This gives you even more of a reason to cheat and eat ice cream! Here are some of my favorite, more “healthy” brands of sweet treats!
Yasso Bars | Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt
Yasso makes the everyday desire for feel good indulgence an easy, uncompromising choice with the goodness of frozen…
Indulge without all the guilt. Made with Canadian milk and cream and 16g of protein per pack! These delicious desserts…
Brownie Brittle by Sheila G
In 1992, Sheila G. Mains, better known in the food business as Sheila G, took a treasured family recipe for fudge…
No Bake Energy Bites | Gimme Some Oven
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy. This No-Bake Energy Bites recipe is easy to…
6. Rest well: It is important to have a healthy sleep schedule. Try to go to sleep and wake up around the same time every night (within the hour), and get at least 7.5–8 hours a sleep per night.
Blissy Sleep & Pillow Mist (Lavender & Eucalyptus) - Sleep Mist
100% Lavender and Eucalyptus Essential Oil The Blissy Sleep & Pillow mist combines 100% natural Lavender and…
Blissy 100% Mulberry 22-Momme Silk Pillowcase - Lavender - Queen
Blissy Silk Pillowcases are handmade and crafted from high quality 22-Momme 100% Pure Mulberry Silk. We have spent…
Sleep Easy Lavender
🇺🇸 MADE IN THE USA🚚 FREE SHIPPING ON 2+ JARS📦 FREE RETURNS✔️ 100% MONEYBACK GUARANTEE LINA'S PROMISE 💤 Sleep easy…
7. Work Hard, Play Hard: Working hard is very rewarding, but in order to reward yourself for your work ethic you have to have fun with life! While vacations at the beach are fun and relaxing, take an active vacation every once in a while. Do something fun out West such as skiing, snowboarding, hiking, and walking. Spend time outside and limit screen time.
8. Don’t surround yourself with negative people: If you surround yourself with people that don’t make you feel good, their actions and emotions will start to reflect on you. Being around people that are kind to you is the first step to you continuing to be kind to yourself!
9. Journal and read: Keep your thoughts organized with a journal. Whether that just be writing about your day, writing about things that are making you anxious, or creative writing with prompts, writing down how you feel with a pen and paper is the best way to vent. Reading poetry is a good way to challenge your mind and read something similar to the feelings that you may be experiencing.
Joy | Wellness Journal
This year's been a little different to say the least - make time for yourself with our wellness journal. Start and end…
Burn After Writing (Pink) - by Sharon Jones (Paperback)
The national bestseller "This book has made me laugh and cry, filled me with joy, and inspired me." - TikTok user…
The Five-Minute Journal By Intelligent Change
The simplest way to start your day happy! Using the science of positive psychology to improve happiness, The…
Journals + Stationery
Explore Urban Outfitters unique collection of books and stationery. Featuring unique cook books and cute thank you…
home - Rupi Kaur
As a 21-year-old university student, Rupi wrote, illustrated, and self-published her first collection, milk and honey…
10. Meditation: It is important each day to take a few minutes by yourself in silence to gather your thoughts. This could be first thing in the morning, right when you wake up, or at any point during the day when you have time to relax. Listen to frequency music and find yourself.
An easy way to cultivate mindful moments-anytime and anywhere. This engaging deck makes it easy to bring awareness…